The National Association of Asian American Professionals and NAAAP Toronto played host to the 31st Annual NAAAP International Convention for 2013. With hundreds of convention delegates attending from across the United States and Canada, the NAAAP Convention featured over a multitude of industry leaders, dynamic workshops on leadership, professional development, management, entrepreneurship, diversity, Asian lifestyle, and community service.
Throughout the 3-day convention (Aug 8-10), those who attended heard from many inspirational speakers, participated in lively workshops, shared an outstanding evening at the Convention City Experience and made valuable connections with Asian professionals from all over North America and employers that were seeking top quality candidates. Ending with the NAAAP Awards Gala, accomplished leaders and ground breaking programs at NAAAP Chapters across 28 cities in North America were recognized with the NAAAP Excellence Awards. Check out the event gallery with photos provided by Grayson Lee Photography & Design.
Congratulations to Chapter Winners for Program Award of Excellence:
- NAAAP-Boston – The Leadership Forum
- NAAAP-Toronto – T&T Waterfront Night Market
- NAAAP-Connecticut – ERG Alliance
- NAAAP-Dallas-Fort Worth – A Night with the NAAAP Stars Gala
Congratulations to Winners of the NAAAP Leader Award of Excellence:
- Hang-Ping Chen, Senior Advisory Council of NAAAP Seattle
- Lori Chen, President of NAAAP Philadelphia
- Ben Hum, President of NAAAP Toronto
Combined with the the NAAAP100 Awards, new honorees were inducted for their significant contributions in the American and Canadian Asian community. NAAAP100 winners are Asian leaders and role models who exemplify the NAAAP values to lead, pioneer, and contribute to society in a sustained and significant manner. We welcome the new additions to the NAAAP100 for 2013.
1. Tom Hom, founder, the Tom Hom Group
2. The Honorable Daniel Inouye, U.S. Senator and U.S Representative, Hawaii
3. Constance Lau, President and CEO, Hawaiian Electric Industries
4. Don Liu, Senior Vice President, General Counsel, and Secretary, Xerox Corporation
5. Chris Lu, U.S. Cabinet Secretary, Assistant to the President, and co-chair, White House Initiative on Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders
6. Lang Lang, Pianist
7. Thear Suzuki, Partner, Ernst & Young, LLP
8. George Takei, Actor, Narrator, and Author
Schema Magazine…for the Interculturally-Minded, a NAAAP Toronto Community Partner, features a huge special four-part series dedicated to the 2013 NAAAP International Convention. Click here to check out pages and pages of incredible stuff and leadership insight compiled from this year’s exciting roster of speakers and panelists! – On Psy, Superheroes & Identity – Speakers Tackle Tough Topics – Top 3 Tips for Aspiring Asian Professionals – Tips on Getting the Most From a Conference
See you in 2014 as the NAAAP International Convention travels to and will be hosted in Anaheim, California! Thank You to our 2013 NAAAP International Convention Sponsors…