NAAAP Toronto is pleased to announce a joint partnership with the Project Management Institute (PMI) Southern Ontario Chapter (SOC) commencing in spring 2012, as a continuation of a collaborative relationship initiated by our American affiliates.
PMI is one of the world’s largest professional membership associations, with more than 600,000 members and credential holders in more than 185 countries. It is a not-for-profit organization that advances the project management profession through globally recognized standards and certifications (e.g. PMP®), collaborative communities, an extensive research program, and professional development and networking opportunities.
SOC is the largest and oldest Canadian chapter of PMI with ~5,000 members; it is also the second largest chapter worldwide. PMI-SOC’s vision is to be the focal point for transferring project management knowledge through effective communication and promotion of project management. PMI-SOC is a chapter with branches & communities:
- Greater Toronto Information Systems Branch (formerly GTISLIG)
- Healthcare Branch
- PMO Branch
- York Simcoe Branch
- Sault Ste. Marie community
- Student sections of Ryerson, Humber, Centennial and Seneca colleges.
With this partnership, NAAAP Toronto members will enjoy member rates to selected events and programs hosted by PMI-SOC:
- Breakfast, lunch and evening sessions – monthly choices
- Certification preparation courses – three times per year
- Continuing Education sessions – four times per year on Saturdays
Events will be posted on NAAAP Toronto members’ newsletter and the PMI-SOC official website at http://www.soc.pmi.on.ca/